Welcome to Community Network Meme 2011, hosted by Tom Baker. To read more about the Meme, click HERE.
* * * * *
1. As a blogger, what do you draw inspirations from?
My blog contains mostly poems and short stories. Inspirations can be found anywhere, as long as you let them in. Music, memories, conversations, traveling … each moment of life can be a motivation to create something beautiful out of the experience. If the Muses are kind enough to guide you through the darkness and show you the real face of the light to a new poem or a story, then, all you need is to find the right words and the right ink. Anything that comes from the heart is worth appreciating!
2. If you could swap blogs with another blogger for a post, who would you switch with and why?
I’ve said it many times and I’ll have to say it again, each of the blogs I visit I like for different reasons, each blog is unique for something and I don’t want to express extra sympathy over someone because it will not be fair. I’d like to be a part of every blog on my blogroll, even for an hour, but to answer this question, I’d say, to me “Musing by moonlight” /with Jamie Dedes owner/ is how a blog should be/ in my opinion/, so for a day, I’d like to swap blogs with Jamie.
3. If you blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why?
Now this one it will be difficult to answer … Music is a huge part of my every day life, I don’t do anything without a music on the background, I love music and it it’s hard to include everything into just one song. Every day there is a different feel for a different tune … I can say for today, today the song of my blog would be “Weghtless” by Black Lab.
4. What is your writing process for a post?
I usually first have the poem / I post mostly poems/ written on paper, I then type it here, I look for an image to go with it or a song maybe and once I like the preview of the post, I hit Publish. No special routines …
5. Your blog requires a new, cute mascot- what would it be?
It will be definitely a flower, I’m a flower lover. A white rose or an orchid. It will have a Disney- like face and it will be very pretty.
6. Do you feel you express your “true self” on your blog?
The good thing with poetry is that you can say exactly what you feel, but to remain with fully clothed emotions by dressing your words in metaphors. You can keep the reader entertained and in the same time to keep your emotions private. What is in between the lines it’s mostly my “true self” and if the reader gets a real glimpse of it … that’s hard to say, but yes, together with the fictional touch, there is and the real me.
7. What is your biggest online pet- peeve?
Different people, different cultures, different characters and it is sure that I have my likes and dislikes. I don’t judge anyone for their online behavior and I don’t demand things, but what I can’t stand is when a stranger comes out of nowhere and has no respect, no politeness to offer. After all you can never really know the person on the other end of the web, you have no right to be rude …
8. If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you live? Why?
I’d like to go back in time and be part of the Tudors life, maybe be Anne Boleyn and have the chance to live with Henri VIII. I have a weakness for English history and Henri VIII is my favorite royal figure. They say he was a bad person, a dictator, but I think he was just misunderstood and unhappy.
9. You’re having a bad day, you’re upset, you’re angry, you’re sad- what is your go-to comfort?
It takes a lot to find myself angry, I’ve come to the conclusion that anger is not a good feeling and I’ve learned to avoid it. Sometimes sadness might visit me, but anger very rarely. But if it happens, well, going to the cinema always fixes things.
10. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
Oh, that’s a tough one, I love quotes, I collect quotes and there are so many of them that I like … Right now what comes in my mind is :
“I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” ― Pablo Neruda
11. If they were to make a movie based on your life, who would play you, your leading lady/man, your best friend and your rival?
Jessica Alba will definitely play my role and if she is not available I’d agree on Gennifer Garner or Catherine Zeta-Jones, my leading man – Keanu Reeves or Ben Affleck, my best friends will be Leonardo Di Caprio and Will Smith and my rival that I will defeat successfully – Gwyneth Paltrow.
12. Do you think the world is going to end in 2012?
Definitely NOT! I have so many things to do, I’m not ready for the end of the world …
13. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
The emotional part of me, I wish I had a colder heart.
14. What is your favorite season and why?
Summer, summer and again and always SUMMER! I feel alive in summer. I function best when it’s really hot and bright outside, when there is the smell of sand and ocean. It’s a happy season, season of love, adventures, vacation …
15. You’ve been bitten by a vampire. Would you fight it with all your undead being or would you embrace it for all it is worth?
It depends on the vampire that will bite me, but I’d like to try what would be like …
16. Have you personally met any of your blogger friends?
No, but I wish I could meet few of them.
17. What does your favorite pair of underwear look like?
Black boyshorts-like panties with red writing on the side “Unwrap me” …
18. Have you ever drank something right from the container in the refrigerator knowing that other people will have to drink from the same container later?
No, for the simple reason that I hate drinking from bottles. I like my drink in a cup or a glass. I don’t really get people who drink beer out of a bottle, not that I drink beer at all, but still I think in a glass you can taste better the drink …
19. What is your favorite word and explain why?
I have many favorite words and not only in English. I am a language lover and I find that each word has its beauty, even if the meaning is not positive. In English I like the sound of the words dismally and pearls. In Arabic I like very much the expression “I miss you”- waheshny, in Spanish the word for “thank you”- gracias. My favorite Greek word is agapi/ αγάπη/, which means love, I like the French je t’aime/ I love you/ and the Bulgarian съществувам/ I exist/ …In general I like words, after all poetry is made out of words …
20. Is there anything you’d like to do different on your blog in 2012?
Yes, I would like to be able to post often than what I’ve been posting in the last few month, to have more time to read other blogs …
© 2011 Broken Sparkles